Safety training courses with Safety FirsT
Our health & safety and fire safety training helps you provide a safer workplace for your people, and our online training platform enables the creation of customisable safety training modules to meet your specific business needs. Our safety training courses (both online and in person) ensure that your team has the knowledge to create a safer workplace.
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT TRAINING
Do you oversee the planning, preparation and response to emergency situations or traumatic events including natural disasters, criminal acts, or significant events involving staff members? This course helps your business with:
- Emergency response procedures fit with the emergency services Coordinated Incident Management System (CIMS) model.
- A consistent approach to emergency response.
- Managers making decisive and accurate decisions for faster recovery.
- Communication during emergencies is enhanced.
- Emotional stressors are reduced therefore personal recovery time is faster.
Fire Wardens Course
This 1.25 hour long course covers these fire safety topics:
- Basic office fire safety
- Duties of Wardens prior to an emergency
- Duties of Wardens during a fire evacuation
- Procedures for persons requiring assistance to evacuate
- Basic procedures and differences between an evacuation resulting from a bomb-threat or earthquake event
Please contact us to book a fire wardens training course for your team.
ONLINE WARDEN TRAINING
Our online training is a web-based interactive training programme which uses video & audio, text & images to guide the trainee through the training module with a multiple choice questionnaire following each section of the module to test their understanding of the material.
The warden training module takes approximately 30 minutes to complete including completion of the questionnaires. There are no pre-requisites for this training session.
Contact us to arrange online training sessions.
EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS TRAINING
Suitable for all staff, this course provides an understanding of what to do before, during and after a civil defence emergency. This course covers:
- Civil Defence in New Zealand
- Planning for emergencies
- Personal & Organisational preparedness
- Personal & Organisational safety
- Survival kits, grab bags, and get-up-and-go bags
- Emergency services response capability
- Overview of emergency services operations (CIMS/USAR)
Book your team for Emergency Preparedness Training now.
HEALTH & SAFETY ONLINE TRAINING COURSES
- Compliance Essentials New Zealand Equal Opportunity in Employment
- Compliance Essentials New Zealand Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Compliance Essentials New Zealand Equal Workplace Bullying
- Compliance Essentials New Zealand Work Health & Safety
- Workplace Bullying for Managers and Executives
- Driver safety
- Manual handling
- First aid awareness
- Forklift safety
- Plant safety
- Working at heights
- Working in hot and cold conditions
- Hand hygiene
- Emergency management
- Armed robbery survival skills
- Asbestos awareness
- Safety Leadership – Managing health and safety in the workplace
- Safety Leadership – Incident management
- Safety Leadership – Risk management in the workplace
- Healthy thinking
Enquire about these health and safety training options.