BESPOKE FACILITATED TRAINING
Safety First can create bespoke Workplace Health & Safety and Fire Safety courses to help you provide a safer workplace for your people through face-to-face training sessions, while our online training platform enables large scale participation in online safety courses. Our safety training courses ensure that your team has the knowledge to create a safer workplace.
Contact us now to discuss your emergency training needs.
EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS TRAINING
Do you oversee the planning, preparation and response to emergency situations or traumatic events including natural disasters, criminal acts, or significant events involving staff members? This course helps your business with:
- A consistent approach to emergency management.
- Decision makers making confident and accurate judgements for faster recovery.
- Communication during emergencies is enhanced.
- Emotional stressors are reduced therefore personal recovery time is faster.
Contact us to book into the Emergency Preparedness course.
First Aid COURSES
First Aid is one of our bespoke training courses, we therefore work with the client to understand your needs and to develop a course that is suitable for the undertaking. We deliver the courses at the clients premises or we can alternatively source a suitable venue.
Our First Aid courses are delivered by KN Training. Participants will have the opportunity to earn 2 unit standards and an NZQA approved certificate in Essential First Aid. As with all Safety First (HSW) bespoke courses, the course will be tailor-made to meet the specific needs of participants, and will address likely first aid scenarios they might encounter at work and home.
'Essential First Aid' is a one-day course based on and in line with NZQA unit standards and Ambulance and Fire Service practices and procedures, and will be reflected on the certificate of completion. It covers hazard assessment, safety, primary and secondary patient surveys to determine the severity of illness / injury, airway management, CPR on an infant, child and adult dummy, bleeding control, common medical emergencies and common injuries. Participants will also receive training in the use of a defibrillator (AED) while performing CPR as well as the handover processes to emergency services. Unit standards are offered as part of the course and certificates awarded reflects this.
Contact us to book your team for First Aid training.
HEALTH & SAFETY 101
Interactive Workshop Training
Introduction to Health & Safety in the workplace based on the HSWA 2015.
- Definitions and understanding Health & Safety at Work
- What, Why, Where, When,Who, How ?
- Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
- Legislation - what does the Law really say?
- What I need to know and do?
- Management of Health & Safety in the workplace
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Identifying, reporting and managing Hazards in the workplace
- Management of Hazards (examples/scenarios)
Contact us to book training for Health & Safety in the workplace.